Condition Management serves members with long-term or chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes, back pain, and cardiovascular disease as well as a number of other conditions. Therefore, it’s one of the best ways to reduce a company’s biggest cost drivers.
Our nurses work directly with members and their healthcare providers to develop a care plan that can improve health while also saving on medical costs. Acting as an advocate and counselor, nurses assist with:
- The coordination of medical and prescription drug treatments
- Education on new or modified treatments
- Assessment tools to track progress
- Identifying best practice healthcare providers
- Counseling and prevention education
Condition Management can help reduce the number of doctor visits, emergency room visits and hospital stays. Overall it generates better outcomes and lower costs, making it a very important tool in health management strategies.